Monday, January 6, 2014

Sharing the Good News!

Rudi along with our older children have been going to different small towns outside of Cochabamba to share their music and preach the gospel. So far they have visited two towns. They have been well received at both. Each time a different group from our church has gone with them.  

The Group that went to the latest pueblo!

Rudi and Myles sharing their music

 The children were very drawn to the music and Rudi's violin. Rudi let each one take a turn trying his violin out!
The Happy Fiddler

Emily and Myles taking a break in the shade!




One of the young ladies sharing with the children The Good News!
This particular group that went was well equipped to share the gospel with children. What a blessing that so many children were drawn to them!
Two boys listening to a gifted teacher! 

Rudi with the shoe shine boy!

This village was very similar to the many we have seen. I liked this picture of the outside market, so colorful and lively!

I don't know who has been more blessed, the people who have gone to serve or the ones served! I know my family has sure enjoyed going to these towns and interacting with the people there.
What is the Good News to which I have referred above? In a nutshell it is what these verses share below! I hope you will take time to read them and receive the Good News today!
"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once." 1 Cor 15:1-6a

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad they have been able to start doing this! It looks like the children are really enjoying the music and hearing the Good News. Isn't it amazing how we can sometimes get more out of serving others than they get out of it!? I miss you guys and have been thinking of you a lot lately. It was fun to see an update :)

    ReplyDelete