Friday, August 7, 2015

Settling In

Photo shoot with the five youngest! At least they are all looking at the
camera at the same time!!
 It is hard to believe that a whole week has gone by since we brought the kids home! Yep, I am busy!! But I am loving it!!! All of the kids have been doing great and we are starting to settle into a routine of sorts. This week I was actually knocked out with a nasty head cold, so many days I just peeled myself out of bed and stumbled around trying to keep up with it all. I didn't keep up with it all, to tell you the truth. Thankfully, Rudi and the rest of the crew filled in my many gaps. I don't think I made one meal this past week. I did wash ALL the dirty cloth diapers though, so that has to count for something!!!
My cute laundry "helper"!!
 Our littlest guy was who got a lot of the focus this past week. He is doing great. We got really spoiled with his sleeping habits the first part of the week, because he slept like a champ, never waking at night and taking great naps. Then a cold and slight fever struck and he would not sleep for more than an hour at a time, woke up crying, spent the day crying, etc!! Rudi said it was good for our bonding that he was sick, because he needed SO much attention! Between my head cold and his sickness, we both were feeling pretty miserable for a couple days. I am happy to report that we all slept great last night and are both feeling A LOT better this morning!

Peter did get his first haircut this week and he also has learned that he loves to play with "real stuff," like tupperware, spatulas and measuring cups. Makes him happy every time to play with them!
Haircut time for Peter. (If we look tired, it is
because we are! This was the morning after
Peter would not sleep para nada the night before!!)

Looking good! (I do not like the camera
setting Emily took these pictures with...Odd lighting)
 Paula has become fast friends with her littlest brother. She is going to have him walking before long!!
Paula teaching Peter how to walk!!
I cannot tell you how sweet it is to hear Adriana and David's voices saying my name all day long with their little Spanish accents. It makes the word "Mommy" sound so sweet. When we are outside pulling hierbas malas (weeds), David brings every little bug, stick, and rock he finds for me to see. He is also sure to point out every airplane that goes overhead. He tells me about how his Abuelos (grandparents) are on the airplane flying home!!
Mommy with her "chocolate" babies!!
David and Adriana are doing great, loving all of the extra attention and snuggles. Adriana is catching on fast to potty training and has been her cheerful, happy go lucky self! David has been able to go along with Daddy to the market and grocery shopping. He loves to go out, but he does NOT like to go by the baby home where he used to live. Going by his old house and seeing anyone from the Hogar has been kept to a minimum this week. As he grows more assured that he never has to go back, I am sure he will enjoy seeing his old friends and Tias!

Loving the porch swing!! (There's that weird lighting again!)
 I will close this blog with a brag session on my amazing husband. I am so thankful for this man. He has blessed me over and over this past week with his patience, kindness, understanding, and cheerful help!! I am so blessed to have this "captain" at the helm! He is an amazing father and the BEST husband ever!

World's Best Daddy with his new babies!

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures!! We've been thinking about y'all and are happy to hear all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear and see!

    Peter looks so much better/happier.

    God setteth the solitary in families: Psalm 68:6 I am so thankful he "set" David, Adriana, and Peter in ours!

    Tell David (and A and P) that his abuelos from Bend are eager to see him in person again! Give them hugs for us, please.

    I really like your cheerful BLOG background!

    Hugs all around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big thanks to Rudi for taking such great care of our girl! :)

    ReplyDelete