Saturday, October 6, 2012

Departure...


United Airlines flight 1535 to Guadalajara
"We are now officially out of the comfort zone", was the thought that ran through my head as our plane lifted off the ground from the LAX airport this morning. It has been a lot of work these past weeks: seemingly endless paperwork details, shopping, packing, packing, and did I mention re-packing! It is actually a huge relief for us to be underway and on the way to the beginning of our new adventure. We are READY. Speaking for myself (Carla) it almost feels like being pregnant and "overdue"! Everyone is in good health and good spirits. I was feeling all the prayer support this morning, when I only got about 2 hours of sleep last night (long story!), and still felt sane and not too crabby (yet)! Two different scriptures have been in my mind. The one early this morning was Hebrews 11: 8 " BY FAITH Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went!" I can relate a little to that verse today. The other is Isaiah 40:29-31 "He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." I am counting on this promise to be true as we begin our grueling 2.5 day trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment