Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Lesson In Faith

While flying along with Rudi and our children in a squeeking, creeking, jerking, frequently stopping, darting in and out of traffic, Trufi, last night on our way home from dinner, I began to contemplate FAITH. Just off the top of my head I would define faith as: putting my complete trust or confidence in something, or a result. In this case I was putting my faith in the Trufi driver and his skill to safely get us home.  I really had no other choice. When we got home I considered what the scripture says about faith. One of my favorite chapters in the Bible defines what faith is. "Now FAITH is the substance (confidence)
of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by IT the elders obtained a good report. Through FAITH we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear... But without FAITH it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Hebrews 11: 1-3 & 6 I must confess it is sometimes easier for me to put my faith in men rather than in God. I can SEE a man. I cannot see God as a physical form. However, one of the ways I KNOW that God exists is because of his creation. " The heavens DECLARE the glory of God: and the firmament SHOWETH his handiwork."Psalm 19:1 What peace came to my heart and mind, last night as a I lay down to rest. God is watching over me and I know this by FAITH. Can I have faith in anything higher or more powerful than God... NO WAY... My soul has an anchor in what the word of God says about faith, even if every Trufi driver lets me down and wrecks, I know that my faith has found a resting place. I will put my faith in God and the promises in his Word, and I know that only in them, am I truly safe from anything that could ever harm me physically or spiritually. Well, maybe not physically, but definitely spiritually!

3 comments:

  1. Amen and Amen, Carla!! Galations 2:20 has always been my platform: "I am crucified with Christ: yet not I, but Christ liveth in me, and the life that I now live in the flesh, I live by THE FAITH OF THE SON OF GOD, Who loved me and gave himself for me!" Is there anything more wonderful! By HIS FAITH we live! Only He can put that faith in our hearts. What joy, and what peace!
    Much love, Mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 112:7 says, "He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord." I believe this will be our testimony when we have faith in God. You do not need to worry about the Trufi driver's ability when you are in your Father's care, the one by whom all things consist. Colossians 1:17. It certainly does not hurt to pray for the Trufi driver, however, and for God's protection and intervention while in the Trufi! :)
    Now for the practical: where did you eat dinner that you needed to take a Trufi?
    Big hugs to all of you, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had a flash back of Thailand when i read your post....some of those other cultures out there haven't quite got the safe driving, yield to pedestrian thing down yet.... I remember one time when Paul and I were driving home from seeing a friend on our moped (basically a glorified scooter) and it was pitch black out and they don't have street lights in most places...the roads are TERRIBLE....well, all was going fine until all the sudden we saw a HUGE snake stretched across the entire length of the two lane road and the width of the snakes body was as big as a man's thigh....so if we ran over it we would total our bike and be road rash, so that wasn't really a desirable option...we were so close to it by the time we saw it that we couldn't stop safely....the only option Paul could see under the (split second decision making) was about a 1-2 foot opening on the very edge of the road....as we were scooting through i looked down to see that we were driving right by and almost on the snakes HEAD!! ahhhh..!!! Most of the snakes that big over there are vipers which are very aggressive. Anyway, praise God, he totally protected us.
    I was VERY blessed by your post! Praying as always for you my dear friend!! Sometimes it helps to just close your eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete