Friday, August 18, 2017

Whatever Happened to Those Boohers?

    If you have asked yourself the question that is the title of this blog, then this blog is for you!! Yes, we are still alive and kicking!
 
     So the short story is that we came home to the U.S. in the middle of March. In a nutshell, after four years of living off and on in Bolivia, adopting, traveling and moving repeatedly with nine children, I had reached the end of what I could handle emotionally, physically, and spiritually. I felt stressed all the time. Stressed by the culture, shopping, cooking, the driving, making new friends and relationships, adapting to having three more small children. I was shutting down and not able to handle being a mom, wife, or friend. I felt like a non-person, just a robot going through the motions of life. I had to get home to a place where I could rest and not be stressed for awhile. I needed the support of others around me to lift me up and help me to heal. I am so thankful to the Lord for the things and people he has used to do just that. It has taken all of this time to rest and heal, but I can finally say that I am almost completely "back to normal," if I ever was that!!!

    Our current plan is to stay on here in the US. Rudi is back to work full time and I am back to being mommy full time. We have chosen to not have internet in our home. That means that I do not have much time or access to being online. We plan to stay in touch with our friends in Bolivia via email and phone calls. I do not plan to keep up this blog anymore.

   Our time in Bolivia will be always with us. Bolivia is now a part of us and we are a part of Bolivia! This blog will be a journal that is now closed. If we ever return to Bolivia, I will most likely take up the "pen" and continue to add to this journal, but for now I need the closure of telling you all goodbye.

    Our Bolivian journey has been incredible. Thank you for being a part and joining us on our journey.

God bless each one of you,
Carla:)
for the Rudi Booher family

"...Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy. To the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen" Jude 1:24&25



 Rudi and Carla and The Fabulous "9"
Oregon Coast
June 2017
                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment